viewing ICS calendar in outlook 2007

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Tue Mar 9 16:38:23 CET 2010

Hi,

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> we can't work out how to get Outlook 2007 to view ICS calendars -- it
> appears to actually try the HTTP request, but gives up when asked for
> authentication if we point it at:
>         https://<server>/client/rpc.php/kronolith/<emailaddress>/<emailaddress>.ics
>
> As an experiment, we tried:

We found another way to do this in Outlook which works.

 - Right click on a calendar and click "publish to calendar server"
 - select webdav calendar.
 - Add this rewrite rule to apache config:
	RewriteRule rpc.php/kronolith/(.*?)/(.*?)_Calendar\.ics$ rpc.php/kronolith/$1/$1.ics [L]

This allows Outlook to read the remote Calendar.  However, it can't
actually publish to it.  Does anyone know of a solution to this?  It would
be great to be able to point people at a different calendar/email client,
but that's not practical right now.

Gavin