[Resolved Not Fixed] Re: zpush with n900 pr1.2 not working anymore

Alexander Schröter webmaster at computational-chemistry.org
Wed Jun 23 13:57:32 CEST 2010

> > > Have you looked into spool dir of your old kolab user?
> > > It looks like Kontact is not able really to clean it.
> > > I cleaned the dirs manually and used the wiki (Backup/Restore) to
> > > recreate the cyrus index files. The I did a clean resync.
> >
> > What am I supposed to look at? /kolab/var/imapd/spool/.../user has some
> > folders for mail ... some for Calendar, Tasks and so on ... and all those
> > folders have cyrus.cache, cyrus.header und cyrus.index files ... since I
> > don't know what I should look for ... I don't know what to do.
>
> If you only have these 3 files in your PIM-folders: they _are_ empty. If
> you have numbered files in like "42.": these are your calendar/contacts in
> kolab-XML format.
>
> > I am seriously considering deleting the account and recreating it ...
> > which seems a little over the top but I am losing my mind o.O
>
> Yep, should work too :-)

Ok I just deleted my old account ... and created it again. Sync now works for
Calendar and not Contacts (as expected). But I found another problem in the
way the sync is done ...

I created an event "Test" from 6 to 7 today in horde ... it synced to the
phone and than I wanted to change it from 6 to 7 to an all day event. But the
event gets changed back to 6 to 7 at the next sync.

I have the setting that in case of an conflict the server has priority but I
don't think that this should/is a conflict it simply an update of an existing
event and the event on the server should be updated as well.

Is this behavior a feature or a bug?

> > > sooner or later we get kontact-mobile -> no more syncing! :-)
> >
> > The Sooner the Better !
>
> But then we will cry for stuff not working as expected ;-)

Probably but I am really looking forward to the day where I can add tasks,
events and contacts on any of my computers and find them on my phone after the
next sync ... As I said ... The sooner the better ! :D

> Bye
>
>   Thorsten

Have a nice Day.
Alexander