Pop3 lock with outlook

Skip Morse skipmorse at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 20:38:14 CEST 2010

2010/6/11 Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at pardus.de>:
> Quoting Skip Morse <skipmorse at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I know I've seen this issue mentioned before and i thought it was on
>> the wiki, but I'm not seeing it so just thought I'd ask...
>>
>> We're using the Toltec connector with Outlook 2003, I have 1 user that
>> just started reporting this issue (I have no clue how long it's
>> actually been happning), on receive, outlook is giving an error with
>> unavailable because another email message is being delivered to it or
>> another mail application is accessing it"
>
> Google did not give me anything concerning this error combined with the
> "kolab" keyword. It seems to be a native Outlook problem also not connected
> to the Toltec plugin. Did you try the Microsoft support?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gunnar

Thanks for the reply.  I had no luck with google either, i did find
some info about why it might happen generally, and it seems more of a
pop3/outlook than anything specifically 'kolab' related, I'd figured
as much, just didn't know if anyone had run into it...

One of the suggested fixes was to login with a web interface if
possible (it was), and delete any of the 'offending' messages... there
was some mention that a malformed email could cause it...  Instead of
deleting anything, I just moved all that user's 'new' mail that hadn't
been downloaded (via POP3 from outlook since toltec does it that way)
to the user's 'Outlook inbox' location... something similar to
INBOX/Inbox ... then all the messages got pulled in using toltec.
Seems to have fixed the issue.  Would have been nice to figure out
exactly which email if any of them were causing it, but eh...