Partial Upgrade to 2.2.4

Carsten Burghardt carsten at cburghardt.com
Mon Jul 26 14:14:40 CEST 2010

Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at kolabsys.com>:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Zitat von Carsten Burghardt <carsten at cburghardt.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to upgrade my Kolab 2.2.2 to 2.2.4 but as I used SuSE
>> packages (11.2) so far I would prefer not to reinstall everything from
>> scratch as that duplicates a lot of packages. Is there any chance to
>> keep my existing installation and only compile kolab specific
>> packages? SuSE is on OpenSSL 0.9.8 so that is a difference of course.
>
> is this question only referring to an upgrade of an OpenSuSE native
> port of the Kolab server? Or do you want to switch from OpenSuSE
> native to OpenPKG?

I would prefer to upgrade my native packages to 2.2.4 but if the
OpenPKG way is also possible...I simply don't want to reinstall all
the packages I already have from SuSE (Apache, Cyrus, etc) just to
achive a minor update for my Kolab installation. The server is in
production and actively used so I can not afford to restructure my
whole system.

Regards

Carsten