Error: Found imap server running on Port 143

David Lohle david at ipwnage.com
Thu Jul 8 00:10:24 CEST 2010

I've been trying to configure Kolab, but I cannot get it to work :(

After the install, I run "/kolab/sbin/kolab_bootstrap -b"

But I get this:

KOLAB BOOTSTRAP
Check for running http webserver on port 80
Check for running https webserver on port 443
Check for running imap server on port 143
Error: Found imap server running on port 143
Check your installation!
You must stop the service imap server before running Kolab
You may try to execute "/kolab/bin/openpkg rc all stop" initially

I've tried the /kolab/bin/openpkg rc all stop command already, but it still gives me the error when I retry the bootstrap. Can you please help? I really want to set this up. Thanks!

David Lohle
iPwnAge Team
David at iPwnAge.com
http://iPwnAge.com