2.2.3 - 2.2.4 upgrade error

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Sun Jul 11 23:31:09 CEST 2010

Troy Carpenter wrote:

> On Saturday, July 10, 2010 10:24:52 am Johannes Graumann wrote:
>> Troy Carpenter wrote:

>> > I hit the same problem, but restarted the install to see if it would
>> > reproduce...it didn't and the install completed normally after that.
>> > Have you tried to rerun the install script?
>>
>> Like 4 times. I will try to download the source again ... sha1 passed
>> though ... did you stop your kolab processes before calling the script?
>>

> No.  In my experience of past upgrades, the system compiles, shuts down
> and restarts as necessary.  However, after everything is installed, I
> usually do a restart just to be sure.  Don't know why my second attempt
> worked where the first one failed.  All the versions from the admin web
> page look correct for me.

Truly bizarre - I did essentially what you described: started an upgrade and
after it was failing (rather than immediately falling back again on my
backed-up version of "/kolab", as I did with the prior attempts), I
restarted the upgrade process immediately - and it seems to have gone
through now.

Packagers, do you have any clue what might have gone wrong here?

Joh