Experimental kolab-z-push packages available

Christoph Wickert wickert at kolabsys.com
Mon Jul 5 17:38:13 CEST 2010

Hello (free) world,

I just uploaded experimental packages for kolab-z-push to files.kolab.org.
These packages are not meant to be used in productive environments yet but
only for testing.

These packages provide ActiveSync capability for the Kolab Groupware Solution,
allowing users to connect ActiveSync enabled devices such as mobile phones
using Maemo/Meego, Android, Symbian, Windows Mobile, and the iPhone. This
support is still under development, and is not recommended for production
environments yet. Final packages are expected for autumn 2010.

There are a couple of known issues specific to several devices. These are/will
be documented in the wiki at https://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Z_push#Clients
As most fixes need to be applied in Z-push, I will work with the Z-push
developers to incorporate the necessary patches and then likely provide an
updated Z-Push package.

These packages require Kolab server 2.2.4 release to be installed, configured
and running. If your server meets these requirements, no manual configuration
should be required. Nevertheless you are strongly advised to read
http://files.kolab.org/incoming/wickert/ix86-debian5.0/1st.README

ATTENTION, users in the United Stated of America: For installations in the
United States of America these packages cannot be provided at the current
point in time due to an export restriction according to section 8 of the GNU
General Public License (GPL) on Z-Push itself. Kolab Systems is working with
the Z-Push upstream on this and other issues, and we are confident the issue
should soon be resolved.

Until then, I invite all citizens of the free world to test the packages from

        http://files.kolab.org/incoming/wickert/ix86-debian5.0/

Please report any bugs you find to the Kolab mailing lists. We appreciate your
feedback and any help you can provide.

Regards,
Christoph

--