Funambol and self signed certificate

Troy Carpenter troy at carpenter.cx
Sat Jan 30 04:08:50 CET 2010

Greetings all,

I have seen this issue come up before, but looking back through the archives,
I haven't seen a definite answer.

I want to sync my Blackberry with Horde via Funambol.  The Blackberry client
always gives a network error, but I never found where the logs existed on the
Blackberry to check out the problem.  So I switched to the Outlook connector
and realized that the clients are choking on the self-signed certificate.

A post on the Funambol developer's list from a few years ago mentions this
problem and they put in [what appears to be] a compile time flag to ignore the
certificate error.  I don't think that is a run-time setting, so it would
require compilation of all clients (outlook and Blackberry) to work.

Is there any other solution short of getting a properly signed certificate?
For a server that is only for my family, that is too great of an expense.

Thanks for any pointers,
Troy Carpenter
troy at carpenter.cx