[Solved? / new question] Q: triggering freebusy updates

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 25 14:41:20 CET 2010

Am Freitag, 22. Januar 2010 13:34:25 schrieb Albrecht Dreß:
> With Kontact/KOrganizer 4.3.2 (coming with Ubuntu 9.10), configured
> according to the "doc2.sxw" documentation, only without authentication for
> appointment for myself in Kontact, but the freebusy list is not updated.
>  The same happens if I accept an invitation sent from Outlook/Toltec or
> Horde with Kontact.  Do I need a newer Kontact for that to work, of is the
> configuration wrong?

The triggering should happen from the dimap account and with the credentials
there. It could be that you need some more configuration, I usually have
authentication for loading freebusy lists configured. (Never configure or
use "writing" or freebusy lists from the client.)

Check the apache log to see if the client is trying to trigger.
As I do not know which version of Kontact comes precisely with Ubuntu
you  might want to get the e35 version for it. (We are currently building it.)

> I didn't check Toltec yet (I'm working only with Kontact), but looking at
> the time stamps of the .pvc files on the server my feeling is that the
> behaviour is like Kontact's.  Only calendars which automatically accept
> invitations (like meeting rooms) get updated.

You have to enable triggering in Toltec, there is a per-account config option
last time I've looked.