How to remove kolab settings from contact?

John McMonagle johnm at advocap.org
Wed Jan 20 15:21:30 CET 2010

On Monday 18 January 2010 04:21:26 am Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> Am Freitag, 15. Januar 2010 20:24:33 schrieb John McMonagle:
> > I keep on have problems were the kolab setup in kontact gets messed up
> > and want to resetup with kolabwizard.
>
> (Stating the version of KDE Kontact helps. :) )
>
> > Usually this  is from user errors.
> > I have not had much luck so far just removing configs as they are all
> > over ~/.kde.
> > It would be nice to perserve local calendar and contacts.
> > Anyone make a script to do this?
> > Any hints are apreciated?
>
> It should be scriptable in principle, however usually I try to avoid the
> situation that users break the stuff too often.
>
> Check into KDE Kiosk to see how to preset a few values.
>
> Bernhard

Bernard

This will be for debian lenny kde 3.5.

Lots of possible issues.
It may be a mater of the configuration being migrated may times over many
years or a compulsive tinkerer.
It just takes too much time to figure out what is wrong.

I do use KDE Kiosk can that be applied to a particular email setting?

Thanks

John