Q: SyncML for shared resources?

Heiner Markert mephisto at gmx.net
Thu Jan 14 19:28:14 CET 2010

Am Mittwoch, 13. Januar 2010 21:33:50 schrieb Albrecht Dreß:
> Hi Heiner:
>
> Am 20.12.09 14:42 schrieb(en) Heiner Markert:
> > you can configure the synchronized address book(s) in the web client in
> > the turba settings. I have written a patch that implements the same
> > functionality for calendars, see
> > https://issues.kolab.org/issue4001
>
> Really cool!
>
> I finally applied your patch to my 2.2.3 server, self-compiled an a 64-bit
> Ubuntu box.  When I open the config option, I see the attached screen shot.
>  Some "cosmetic" remarks: - the message "select the calendars..." should
> start below the combo (new line) - my own calendar is named "Kalender" in
> the combo, but shows the internal value in the choice; - shared calendars
> use URL encoding which makes them look ugly.
>
> Did I miss a part of the patch here, or is this intended?
>
> In the address book sync section, I see "Kontakte" for my own and
> "user:someuser:Kontakte".
>
> BTW, is there a trick to add the global LDAP address book to the SyncML
> synchronisation?  It doesn't show up in the list.
>
> Thanks, Albrecht.

Hi,

thank you for your feedback. I am aware of the cosmetic problems, my focus was
on the functionality. Unfortunately, I am not a horde expert and did not have
the time to work in the details of the user interface implementation. The
missing newline could probably be added together with the still missing
translations for the configuration item.
As far as I remember, the encoded URLs did not appear with the horde version
delivered with kolab 2.2.2, there was some change in the horde calendar
implementation that I was not aware of. A simple replace of a function call
is required to fix that, and it should not be too difficult, as the combo box
shows the correct names and the function name can be copied from that. I will
implement it if I find some time.

Unfortunately I do not know of any possibility to sync the ldap address book,
nor do I have any idea whether it is an easy modification to turba or not.

Best regards
Heiner