Lost Emails in Kolab

Jochen May admin at jmay.org
Fri Feb 26 18:34:27 CET 2010

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, 25. Februar 2010 18:29:42 schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> Quoting Jochen May <admin at jmay.org>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > i got some problems with my mailsystem yesterday. Fetchmail grep
> > around 3 pm a
> > couple of mails from my provider and hand it over to postfix. So far so
> > good. Unfortunaly, i never get this mails. After browsing thrue the
> > log-files i found this:
> >
> > Feb 24 14:41:16 kolab kolabd[2930]: Y Error: Unable to connect to local
> > Cyrus admin interface
> >
> > So i guess, that this was the problem. But i don't get the mails.
>
> The log entry you posted is from the kolabd daemon which is not really
> involved in the mail delivery.
>
> > I got in my mind, that postfix keep the messages until they can forward
> > it to cyrus. So normaly, the messages shout be appear after the restart
> > of the server...
> > But when i take a look to the postfix.log, it shows me, that the messages
> > are bounced back.
>
> The log entries from postfix.log are the ones that should help to
> determine what the problem actually was. Can you anonymize them and
> post them here?

I attach the logs from the periode where the problems was. I try to work me thrue the link what Allan sent and found this:

Feb 24 15:16:12 kolab <info> postfix/pipe[7963]: EBE2466A5A: to=<foo at fqdn.bla>, relay=kolabmailboxfilter, delay=0.31, delays=0.04/0.02/0/0.25, dsn=5.3.0, status=bounced (service unavailable)

I use this adress for tracking: postvon at conrad.de

The timestamp is switching inside the postfix log. Normaly all logfiles have the correct time. No idea why this happen.

Greetings
Jochen May