Nothing happening on port 25 with ne kolab installation

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Wed Feb 24 14:15:53 CET 2010

Am Dienstag, 23. Februar 2010 23:45:04 schrieb Alexander Schröter:
> ok what I did not expect was that the university blocks not only
> outgoing but also incoming connections on port 25. Which explains the
> odd behavier I have been experiencing. Anybody have an idea on how to
> make it work or do i have to check with the mailadministrators of the
> university?
Hi,

we had nearly the same problem. We solved this by buying an external root-server (We use a Strato package) and install Kolab on this machine
For a faster backup its useful to have the imap dirs on an intranet machine. So we use a master slave setup. Master-Slave communicate via openvpn. imap dirs are on the slave. root-server is kolab master. master is smarthost of the slave.

HTH

  Thorsten