Transfer to new server

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Tue Feb 23 11:04:42 CET 2010

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Paul Douglas Franklin wrote:

> 1)  Create a brand-new install of kolab on a new box.
> 2)  Add my domains and other items as needed on the settings page.
> 3)  (on the old server) /kolab/sbin/slapcat-l kolab-ldap.ldif and edit
> the .ldif file down to just the users I want to transfer.
> 4)  (on the new server) /kolab/sbin/slapadd -l kolab-ldap.ldif
> 5)  rsync /kolab/var/imapd/spool from old to new.
> 6)  (as kolab-r on the old box) /kolab/bin/ctl_mboxlist -d >mailboxlist.txt.
> 7)  (as kolab-r on the new box) /kolab/bin/ctl_mboxlist -u <mailboxlist.txt

I'm in the middle of something similar from a kolab v1 setup.  It's worth
also noting that you may need to transfer quotas and that you almost
certainly want to transfer the .seen information from
/kolab/var/imapd/domain/.   We're migrating from a hacked multi-domain
have to pull some extra tricks but I imagine that's not an issue for you.

> The first is that when I ran slapcat -l on the new server to verify what
> I had put in there (prior to trying slapadd), it seems to have given
> Horde a problem.  The Horde login screen is blank--when I go to
> https://FQDN/client, it brings up https://FQDN/client/imp/login.php with
> a blank screen.  Horde was fine immediately before I ran slapcat.

I think there is a bug in kolab currently which causes this issue (and not
relating to your migration).  If you delete the cookies relating to your
kolab server all should be well.

This bug is a bit of a pain to be honest and one I may have to track down
before we can migrate.

> The second is that I see on the "Backups for Kolab 2" wiki that I should
> back up annotations.db.  I don't see a way to do this other than by
> copying, and there are changes from old to new such that I doubt that a
> simple copy would do the job.

I'm not sure about annotations.db to be honest.

Gavin