z-push windows mobile activesync

Alexander Marx alexander.marx at oab.de
Sun Feb 21 11:18:08 CET 2010

HI all together

I am using Kolab 2.2.3 BEHIND A FIREWALL
and i want to test z-push with my sony ericsson XPERIA X1

As far as i understood, ssl is not possible.

I get no response, the sony ericsson tells me it could not find the server.

my z-push is 1.3 RC2 and i use the Windows mobile built in activesync.

What do i have to take care of?

Do i need to configure Kolab to be a non ssl webserver? - How do i do this?
Do i need to forward some ports on the firewall?
What is the right line in config-kolab.php for KOlabserver? Actual i have:

$BACKEND_PROVIDER = "BackendKolab";

define('KOLAB_SERVER', 'mailserver.dyndns.org');
define('KOLAB_IMAP_OPTIONS', '/notls/norsh');
define('KOLAB_IMAP_PORT', 143);
define('KOLAB_INDEX',"kolabindex");

// If 1: shared folders will be synced on the I-phone (the backend
will push to the
// I-phone each folder who the user has rights)
define('KOLAB_SHAREDFOLDER',1);

// If 1: users shared folders will be synced with the I-phone
(contacts and calendars,
// this functionality is experimental)
define('KOLAB_USERFOLDER',1);

// If 1: only the default event folder will be synced (if 1 shared
folders and users
// folders will be ignored for the calendar)
define('KOLAB_JUST_DEFAULT_DIARY',1);

// If 1: only contact default folder will be synced)
define('KOLAB_JUST_DEFAULT_CONTACT',0);

// If 1: shared folders will be read-only, even if the user have rights on it
define('KOLAB_SHAREDFOLDERS_RO',"1");

// Logfile
define('KOLAB_LOGFILE',"/kolab/var/kolab/www/z-push/access.log");

Please be so kind and help me

Alex