kontact from kde 4.4: does akonadi based kaddressbook work with kolab?

Павел Баранчиков pavel at argo-tours.ru
Sat Feb 20 08:22:28 CET 2010

On Суббота 20 февраля 2010 09:46:50 Павел Баранчиков wrote:
> On Воскресенье 14 февраля 2010 23:45:48 Павел Баранчиков wrote:

> KAddressbook

> > > Have you checked that akonadi runs without any errors?
> > > On (k)ubuntu I had to change the mysql tables to get rid of errors.
> > > My latest workflow is (as user):
> > > # Stop akonadi, stop nepumok + virtuoso
> > > akonadictl stop
> > > # (wait 10sec)
> > > qdbus org.kde.NepomukServer /nepomukserver quit
> > > # (wait 10sec)
> > > killall nepomukserver
> > > # remove old stuff of akonadi and nepomuk in users home dir, clear
> > > config files, rm -r ~/.local/share/akonadi
> > > rm -r ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk
> > > rm ~/.kde/share/config/nepom*
> > > # start akonadi, update mysql tables:
> > > akonadictl start
> > > mysql_install_db --datadir=$HOME/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ # ignore
> > > errors mysql_upgrade
> > > --socket=$HOME/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket # restart
> > > akonadi, kbuildsycoca,
> > > akonadictl stop
> > > kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental
> > > nepomukservicestub nepomukstorage
> > > # wait 10 sec
> > > akonadictl start
> > > # restart session, start nepomuk, test akonadi if nepomuk is on dbus
> > > available systemsettings + Alt+F2 "Akonadi Setup"
> > >
> > > :-) This seems to work :-)
> > >
> > > HTH
> > >
> > >   Thorsten

> > 	I just tried next.
> >
> > - Create KDE traditional addressbook: kolab resource from KMail IMAP. I
> > have empty list of contacts instead of 160 contacts that really exist.
> > - create new contact in the address book. New message have been created
> > in corresponding imap folder in KMail.
> > - delete this address book from akonadi console.
> > - create new similar addressbook again. The contact list is empty again
> > (new created message is not present too).
> >
> > 	I checked that message in imap foler corresponds to newly created
> >
> > contact.
> >
> > 	So, for me (openSuSE 11.2 (x86_64) all the contacts are absent on
> >
> > addressbook.
>
> 	I have just checked this behaviour on newly created linux account with
> newly created addressbook folder on imap server (with user different from
> me). The problem repeated.
> 	Maybe, the problem is in localization? As I see, my folders im IMAP, that
> contain contact information are named by russian: Контакты, Календарь,
> Заметки...
>
> 	Best regards,
> 	Pavel.

	I have created another new linux user and chnged its KDE language to
English. Now. Newly7 created IMAP folders are named on english now: Contacts,
Calendar and so on.
	As I understand, I can simply rename my existing folders in existing IMAP
accound and it would work.
	Now the question: what names should the contacts folders have (according
to Kolab standards): static fixen english-language names or localized? Or it
does not matter? What does Kolab format says on it?
	Best regards,
	Pavel.