iPhone + Z-Sync was Re: z-push and N900 Mail for Exchange

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Fri Feb 19 14:43:53 CET 2010

On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, Alain abbas wrote:
>
> > this is for Calendar, contacts and soon Tasks
> >
> > http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Z_push
>
> This works, thanks.  I can see my calendar and two sets of contacts, one
> called "Contacts" and the other called "Glob..." which is presumably the
> "Global Address Book", which comes from openldap.  The latter doesn't seem
> to sync though.  I can search it and that seems to result in a HTTP request
> getting to the kolab server, but I get no result.  Am I doing something
> wrong.

I should have said this is an iPhone.  I get the impression this may be
relevant:

 "ATTENTION; if you want to use shared folders: The I-phone keep as default
  contact the first who is synchronized. For working around that we detect if
  this is a first synchronization and just sync the contact default folder.
  We synchronize the other folders at the second Synchro. Setup the I-phone
  in 2 time. First time just synchronize the contacts. When you have all the
  contacts folders, synchronize the calendar "

but I'm not sure I completely understand what I need to do.  Does this mean
set two Exchange Accounts up, create one, delete it then recreate it, or
something else?  Is there a way to trigger a sync of a calendar?

Gavin