global address book not being searched in horde compose email

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Tue Feb 16 14:56:21 CET 2010

Hi,

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> So, I'm assuming this is something local for me at the minute but another
> possibility is a regression in v2.2.3 which breaks the autocompleter.  I'll
> try and track it down but thought I'd mention this in case it rings a bell
> for someone else.

That assumption has been borne out in that by removing my .prefs file from
/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/storage/ and letting it recreate, this was
fixed.  I had tracked this down in the code to the global address book not
being in the list of address books to consult.

What's strange is that the same thing seems to have happened to every other
user (of which there are 6-8 test users).  The first time they login, their
preferences get automatically set in such a way that the global address
book is not being consulted.  Then, if I delete the prefs file and they
login again, the global addressbook is set right.  This is pretty odd.
Again, it might be a bug, or it might be a local issue.

Gavin