kontact from kde 4.4: does akonadi based kaddressbook work with kolab?

Павел Баранчиков pavel at argo-tours.ru
Sun Feb 14 21:45:48 CET 2010

On Воскресенье 14 февраля 2010 04:13:27 Thorsten Schnebeck wrote:
> Am Samstag 13 Februar 2010 11:47:34 schrieb Павел Баранчиков:

> > > I used akonadiconsole to remove everything I was allowed to do and I do
> > > not need. Then I add "Kolab resource" (without further configuration)
> > > and "KDE Address Book (traditional)" There I could config a "kmail
> > > imap resource" (aka kolab imap folder) This works and I see my Kolab
> > > contacts in the shiny new kontact 4.4 address book. The whole setup
> > > akonadi + nepomuk looks very fragile. While it works fine for the main
> > > user it does not work for a switch user from a running session. And I
> > > have not found a step-by-step guide with reference config files for
> > > this stuff.
> >
> > 	I tried to reproduce your steps. I have removed kolab resource and
> >
> > addressbook and added them after. I do not see any kolab contacts from
> > imap folder in addressbook.
> >
> > 	Interesting fact. In "KDE address boot (traditional)" resource I see
> >
> > ----8<-----------------------
> > status: online, running (0%)
> > status message: Loading address book
> > ----8<-----------------------
> >
> > 	I think it's strange. KMail uses contacts from IMAP folder well.
>
> Have you checked that akonadi runs without any errors?
> On (k)ubuntu I had to change the mysql tables to get rid of errors.
> My latest workflow is (as user):
> # Stop akonadi, stop nepumok + virtuoso
> akonadictl stop
> # (wait 10sec)
> qdbus org.kde.NepomukServer /nepomukserver quit
> # (wait 10sec)
> killall nepomukserver
> # remove old stuff of akonadi and nepomuk in users home dir, clear config
> files, rm -r ~/.local/share/akonadi
> rm -r ~/.kde/share/apps/nepomuk
> rm ~/.kde/share/config/nepom*
> # start akonadi, update mysql tables:
> akonadictl start
> mysql_install_db --datadir=$HOME/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/ # ignore
> errors mysql_upgrade
> --socket=$HOME/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket # restart
> akonadi, kbuildsycoca,
> akonadictl stop
> kbuildsycoca4 --noincremental
> nepomukservicestub nepomukstorage
> # wait 10 sec
> akonadictl start
> # restart session, start nepomuk, test akonadi if nepomuk is on dbus
> available systemsettings + Alt+F2 "Akonadi Setup"
>
> :-) This seems to work :-)
>
> HTH
>
>   Thorsten
>
> > > Oh, the new app looks promising but needs some love. The separate
> > > address book list is a waste of space and the fonts are to small on a
> > > big screen.
> > >
> > > Bye
> > >
> > >   Thorsten

	I just tried next.
- Create KDE traditional addressbook: kolab resource from KMail IMAP. I have
empty list of contacts instead of 160 contacts that really exist.
- create new contact in the address book. New message have been created in
corresponding imap folder in KMail.
- delete this address book from akonadi console.
- create new similar addressbook again. The contact list is empty again (new
created message is not present too).
	I checked that message in imap foler corresponds to newly created
contact.
	So, for me (openSuSE 11.2 (x86_64) all the contacts are absent on
addressbook.