kontact from kde 4.4: does akonadi based kaddressbook work with kolab?

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Sat Feb 13 10:44:49 CET 2010

Am Freitag, 12. Februar 2010 11:21:50 schrieb Павел Баранчиков:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm testing Kontact from KDE SC 4.4. This is the first version where you
> > are forced to set-up akonadi as the kaddressbook component use this
> > caching system exclusively. So far my base set-up seems to be fine using
> > Kubuntu karmic backports packages: akonadi runs and it likes my nepomuk.
> > But kaddressbook is empty. When I add a new addressbook and choose the
> > kolab resource nothing happens.
> >
> > anyone?
> >
> 	I noticed that KMail use Kolab IMAP addressbook, but KAddressbook shows
> not records in it. Try to create new mail message: are the contacts from kolab
> addressbook added to combobox of recipient field?
> 	My nitice converns only kolab IMAP addressbook.

I used akonadiconsole to remove everything I was allowed to do and I do not need. Then I add "Kolab resource" (without further configuration) and "KDE Address Book (traditional)"
There I could config a "kmail imap resource" (aka kolab imap folder)
This works and I see my Kolab contacts in the shiny new kontact 4.4 address book.
The whole setup akonadi + nepomuk looks very fragile. While it works fine for the main user it does not work for a switch user from a running session.
And I have not found a step-by-step guide with reference config files for this stuff.

Oh, the new app looks promising but needs some love. The separate address book list is a waste of space and the fonts are to small on a big screen.

Bye

  Thorsten