cross-domain ACLs?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Thu Feb 11 22:32:49 CET 2010

Hi Gavin,

Quoting Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie>:

> Hi,
>
> in a multi-domain kolab setup, is it possible to create ACLs for accounts
> on one domain against mailboxes on another?
>
> It seems, where I try to do this, I get this error:
>
> localhost> sam user/xxxxx.yyyyyyyyy at zzz.zz bb at aaa.aa read
> setaclmailbox: bb at aaa.aa: lrs: Invalid identifier
>
> By comparison, if I try with a user on the zzz.zz domain, it works fine.
>
> Is there a trick to solve this or is this not possible?

The cyrus disallows this for security reasons.

The only workaround available for the current Kolab Server release is
to have two users in a same domain but provide one of them with an
alias address in the other domain. Obviously this might not always be
what you want.

Sascha recently added patches to Kolab Server CVS HEAD that seem to
allow cross domain acls. Sascha, can you comment?

Cheers,

Gunnar