synckolab for thunderbird 3.0.1

Alexander Schröter webmaster at computational-chemistry.org
Tue Feb 9 15:56:06 CET 2010

Hi

i have been using synckolab successfully but with one of the last
updates i killed the addon. I am currently running Mozilla/5.0 (Windows;
U; Windows NT 6.1; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20100111 Lightning/1.0b1
Thunderbird/3.0.1 but I am unable to install synckolab.

I did try to add the line "*user_pref("extensions.checkUpdateSecurity",
false);" *to my* default/profile/pref.js *but without any luck.

The error message roughly translates into "Sync Kolab will not be
installed, because it doesn't offer secure updates" for the germans on
the mailinglist :"Sync Kolab wird nicht installiert, da es keine
sicheren Updates anbietet".

I think the line I added is supposed to stop this security check but
without any luck. Did I put the line in the wrong config file or is
there something else I need to do? I don't thing so but maybe it's
important my profile is on network drive because i am using thunderbird
in a domain environment.

Thanks in advance
Alexander