global address book not being searched in horde compose email

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Tue Feb 9 12:31:55 CET 2010

Hi,

I've set up kolab v2 and migrated some data from our old v1 server using a
script I've written, something like:

	ldap      - slapcat; perl; ldapmodify
	db        - ctl_mboxlist -d; sed; ctl_mboxlist -u
	mailboxes - rsync; sed on cyrus.headers; reconstruct

which includes a translation of usernames for historic reasons.  This is
working pretty well.  All users I've checked can login and see their email
folders in horde and their .seen info is preserved.

When I login to Horde and try to compose a mail, the global addressbook
searching doesn't work.  This is a nice piece of sugar to save people time
over our old system so I really want it to work.  I note that it appeared
not to be configured by default¹ but changing this setting made no
difference.

In previous tests this addressbook lookup has worked well.  The main
difference this time is that I used a source compile instead of the
pre-compiled binaries.

Does anyone have ideas where I should look for errors to debug this?

I note in /kolab/var/apache/log/apache-access.log that lines appear for the
lookup:

172.16.1.3 - - [09/Feb/2010:10:41:20 +0000] "POST /client/imp/imple.php?imple=ContactAutoCompleter/input=to HTTP/1.1" 200 34

When I do a command line search like those below using ldapsearch, I get
results so ldap appears to be in good shape.

	ldapsearch -v -H ldap:// -b dc=XXX,dc=TLD -x "(uid=G*)"
	ldapsearch -v -H ldap:// -b dc=gcd,dc=ie -x "(sn=McC*)"
	ldapsearch -v -H ldap:// -b dc=gcd,dc=ie -x "(mail=g*)"

Gavin

¹ Under options, address book, address books, Choose which address books to
  display, and in what order:.