kolab-mailboxinfo.pl not working?

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Dec 1 10:00:35 CET 2010

On Monday, November 29, 2010 08:05:32 pm Skip Morse wrote:
> 2010/11/28 Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com>:
> > On Friday, November 26, 2010 06:59:03 am Gunnar Wrobel wrote:
> >> @Jeroen: Is there an alternative for generating a backup of the Cyrus
> >>
> >> annotation data?
> >
> > The simplest way is using the ctl_cyrusdb utility:
> >
> > /path/to/ctl_cyrusdb /path/to/annotations.db skiplist /path/to/backup.db
> > flat
> >
> > Restoring is then performed using:
> >
> > /path/to/ctl_cyrusdb /path/to/backup.db flat /path/to/annotations.db
> > skiplist
> >
> Thanks for the input.  Since I'm using Berkley format, would i just
> change the 'skiplist' above to Berkely?

Yes.

All equivalent strings for database formats you typically use in
/etc/imapd.conf can be used in this command, so in your case this would be
berkely.

> Also, is this something that
> can/should be done when the imap service is running?

Yes it can.

All the database formats have some form of locking, but one needs to use the
appropriate db engine utilities (much like mysqldump vs. cp -a
/var/lib/mysql/).

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--