anyone know how to bind kolab2.2.4 to a specific network adapter?

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Tue Aug 31 10:16:49 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, Shannon Kuchler wrote:

> running kolab 2.2.4 on a server with more than one network adapter
> I need to know how to make sure kolab binds to eth1 every time the system is
> rebooted
> I need eth0 for another instance on Apache

When you say kolab, I gather you mean just the apache component.

If you look in the apache template config,
/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/httpd.conf.template you should see:

@@@if bind_any@@@
Listen 80
Listen 443
@@@else@@@
Listen @@@bind_addr@@@:80
Listen @@@bind_addr@@@:443
@@@endif@@@

so to bind to a specific address you need bind_any set to false and
bind_addr set to the IP of the interface you want bound to.  You can set
these in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.globals

This will also affect Cyrus and Postfix, though it appears not openldap.

Be sure and test this.  I haven't actually done this, I'm just looking at
the config files and inferring how things work.

Gavin