[solved] kolab-server-2.2.4 installation from source, + exit 123 error: Bad exit status (perl)

jguy jguya at verizon.net
Tue Aug 3 21:38:34 CEST 2010

  On 8/3/2010 3:38 AM, Alex Potter wrote:
> It looks to me like you have a permissions problem.
>
> As far as I can tell, at least one of the  failures shown in the log was an
> attempt to write to /sys....
>
> Alex

Alex,

You were correct. I located the line in the log where the permission
problem was:

stringprep.h -Can't open sys/asoundlib.h: Permission denied

So I tracked down the file to /usr/include/sys/asoundlib.h, and I found
it had permissions set to read-write for the owner only. I set it to
readable for all (chmod 644 /usr/include/sys/asoundlib.h) and everything
compiled without a hitch. I'm not quite sure why it was choking in the
first place since the owner was root and I was installing as root, but
oh well.

Thanks for your help!
--Jason