AW: sender rejected

Carsten Burghardt carsten at cburghardt.com
Fri Apr 30 22:55:19 CEST 2010

Zitat von Christian Tardif <christian.tardif at servinfo.ca>:

>> I actually followed the Wiki that is why I added these entries to
>> the virtual table as you described. And I do receive emails for
>> both domains correctly. The problem is that when I try to send an
>> email using my normal username and the domain that I added to the
>> virtual table it is rejected.
>>

> Oh! I see. Someone may correct me, but I think you can't send an
> email from a domain which isn't in the list of accepted domains. And
> the creation of Domain Aliases doesn't set the somewhat fake domain
> as a list of accepted domains and therefore, mails from that domain
> are rejected. To my knowledge, this would lead to an open relay
> situation.

I thought that the domain is in the list of accepted domains when I
add it to the list of domains in the kolab webadmin?

> What you may try is:
>
> 1) put this somewhere in the main.cf.template file:
>
>         relay_domains = hash:/kolab/etc/postfix/relay_domains
>
> 2) Create the /kolab/etc/postfix/relay_domains file
>
> 3) Put this single line:
>
>         domain2.com OK
>
> 4) Create the needed db file with the command:
>
>         /kolab/sbin/postmap /kolab/etc/postfix/relay_domains
>
> 4) Reload the new config with:
>
>         /kolab/sbin/kolabconf
>
> Then, postfix should allow you to relay the fake domain2.com domain.
> But you still won't be allowed, though, to authenticate with this
> domain2.com to send mail, since the domain doesn't really exist in
> the kolab config.

What I do not understand is the following. My kolab server is
responsible for my business domain as well as my private domain. So I
need to send emails using email addresses from both domains through
the same kolab server. The alias setting in the virtual file does not
work as described. But when I explicitely add
carsten at myprivatedomain.com as an alias entry to my user (which has
the email-address carsten at mybusinessdomain.com) it works. Looking at
the configuration it seems that both ways work through an alias
configuration. But where is the difference?

Carsten