Horde is allowing login when not using correct UID

skipmorse at gmail.com skipmorse at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 16:01:30 CEST 2010

On Apr 28, 2010 1:47am, Johannes Graumann <johannes_graumann at web.de> wrote:
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.kolab.user/10116

> Joh

> skipmorse at gmail.com wrote:

> > Hi all,

> > I've found that if I have a user, with the uid user1 at example.com,

> > example.com being the default domain, I can login to horde using "user1"

> > as the 'username' and the correct password. After login, the left pane
> is

> > available and if I click on 'Mail', I get the main window, but there are

> > no mails displayed and none of user1's folders. I can compose and send
> an

> > email and it lists the 'default profile' as user1 at example.com. The only

> > error that I get is that it can't create the 'Sent' folder and the
> message

> > wasn't saved. The mail is sent and delivered successfully.

> > I noticed the same issue when using Squirrelmail on my old 2.1 Kolab,
> the

> > only difference seems to be that in the 2.1 server, if I would do a

> > similar experiment, cyrus would create a mailbox for user1

> > ".../spool/u/user/..." and in cyradmn any like that would be listed as

> > 'user/user1' instead of 'user/user1 at example.com'.

> > Kolab version of current test: 2.2.3

> > Is this something that's only happening in my install or is this
> something

> > that's a bug?

> > Let me know your thoughts or if you need additional info...

> > Thanks,

> > -Skip

Thanks both of you for the feed back, atleast I know it's a known issue. I
agree that it's low prioirty, I'll likely just wait for the new version.

But, what file can I edit to make the horde login say "Email Address"
instead of "Username" for now? You'd be surprised how many people are
confused...

-Skip