Update 2.1 to 2.2.3

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Mon Apr 26 06:41:10 CEST 2010

Quoting - <hans_germa at yahoo.com>:

>  font-size: 12pt;\"> sending to shared folders is working now
> again. I commented out following line
> #local_recipient_maps = $virtual_alias_maps, $alias_maps
> in /kolab/etc/kolab/templates/main.cf.template run
> kolabconf and now postfix accept the messages  hope this helps for others

Argh, no! Please kids, don't do this at home ;)

Yes, this will work. Because it disables the ldapvirtual.cf and the
ldapdistlist.cf. While you can send to shared folders now (disabling
ldapvirtual.cf does this) you loose two other features that people
often use: Support for alias addresses and support for distribution
lists.

If you don't use either of these features you should not notice any
negative side effects.

Still I think it should be possible to modify
/kolab/etc/kolab/templates/virtual.template so that shared folders
work again.

Cheers,

Gunnar

>   york,times,serif; font-size: 12pt;\">  times new roman,new
york,times,serif; font-size: 12pt;\"> face=\"Tahoma\" size=\"2\">
> -------------------------
> FROM:
> "skipmorse at gmail.com" <skipmorse at gmail.com>
> TO:
> kolab-users at kolab.org
> SENT: Sat, April 24,
> 2010 10:44:01 AM
> SUBJECT: Re: Update 2.1
> to 2.2.3
>
> On Apr 24, 2010 9:01am, - <hans_germa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > >  > > just did the update from 2.1 to 2.2.3 today to get the actual
> version of ClamAV.
> > >  > > a) The IMAP Folder structur changed and I can not find any
> info in the update description. With 2.1 I had > >
> /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain//user/
> > > Now with 2.2.3 I have
> > > /kolab/var/imapd/spool/domain///letter>/
> > > I moved all mails to the corresponding folder and run
> cyrreconstruct . > > Do I need to adapt more?
> > >  > > b) Postfix rejects now messages to shared folders. We poll our
> messages with fetchmail and delivering to users works but to shared
> folder is rejected
> > >  SMTP error: 550 5.1.1 kolab+shared.info at info-art.lan>:
> Recipient address rejected: User u
> > nknown in local recipient table
> > >  > > what can I do ?
> > >  > > Thanks
> setup the same way as for 2.2.3, in my case I just needed to change
> ownership (since it's from a native install)...
>
> I too am interested in the 'work around' to get the emailing to
> shared folders working again. I've discussed it in IRC a few months
> ago, and go a "oh, you'll need to add a viratul
> something"... or similar, I didn't actually go into trying to
> make it work... I just tried google and I think my search string is
> lacking because I didn't come up with anything usable...
>
> So yah, any help is appreciated...
>
> -Skip

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg