mails not reaching server?

Alexander Gran alexg at moduleworks.com
Sat Apr 24 13:25:46 CEST 2010

Am Samstag 24 April 2010 04:13:29 schrieb Paul Douglas Franklin:
> We have a phone system which is supposed to send voice mails as emails.
> It was working fine until I replaced our old kolab box with a more
> current version at a new IP address.  Now I cannot seem to get it to work.
> As part of my diagnostics, I'd like to verify whether the phone system
> is actually talking to our mail server.  Where would I look in logs to
> see the first sign of mail arriving at our kolab 2.2.3 server?

Hi,

(/kolab)/var/log/mail.log could help.
To go ever more down the line, you can try a tcpdump -i any host
$YourVoiceMailHostOrIP
That should tell you if network wise everything is fine, and if your system is
responding.

regards
Alex

--

Dipl. Inform. Alexander Gran, MBA
alexg at moduleworks.com
http://www.moduleworks.com
SkypeID: mw_alexg
M: +49(0)163/5598933

ModuleWorks GmbH
Ritterstraße 12a
52072 Aachen
HRB 11871
Amtsgericht Aachen
Geschäftsführer Yavuz Murtezaoglu

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original.
Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.