Upgrade/migrate from Kolab 2.1 SUSE Native install to OpenPKG 2.2.3 version DB problems Debian5

skipmorse at gmail.com skipmorse at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 00:53:13 CEST 2010

Howdy all,

I thought I had worked my magic, but something has gone sideways, hopefully
someone can help.

I've somewhat successfully upgraded/migrated my install... Well, after a
lot of comparing files, testing and importing/exporting, I've hit a snag...

After starting kolab 'openpkg rc all start', it seemed like things were
working as expected, I was able to login to the admin page and all users,
shared folder, distribution list etc... were there.

Then I tried logging into horde and the page seemed to just timeout, so I
started looking for logs...

in my /kolab/var/imapd/log/imapd.log, I'm getting a lot of these:

<warning> imap[6974]: DBERROR db4: file /kolab/var/imapd/mailboxes.db has
LSN 173/5203582, past end of log at 1/10193
<warning> imap[6974]: DBERROR db4: Commonly caused by moving a database
from one transactional database
<warning> imap[6974]: DBERROR db4: environment to another without clearing
the database LSNs, or removing
<warning> imap[6974]: DBERROR db4: all of the log files from a database
environment

I verified that the annotations.db and mailboxes.db were set to use the
berkeley format in imapd.conf and in the .template file.

This might be were I went wrong: I thought, since it was still
in 'berkeley' format and was uncorrupted and would be reading from the same
mail spool, all should be fine if I just copied the file. I also dumped it
to a text file before, so I could use that if I have to.

The reason I did this is because we use the toltec connector, and long ago
I had some back and forth with Joon about upgrading the server and shared
folders 'uploading' from outlook as local folders per user. The last word
on that was that it would happen if the UUID of the folders on the server
changed. My GUESS is that maybe the UUID is stored in the mailboxes.db, and
if that's the case, I figured importing the dump into a new db would change
those values (I did reply to joon about the possibility of retaining those
values with no response).

Any ideas? Ultimately, I just need to keep the mail, and have the new
server see the same UUID's as the old so toltec doesn't start uploading
folders/messages. I can't really tell passed this point if what I've done
works other than this issue, but I 'feel' like I'm close.

** also, there's nothing in that log about annotations.db which I also
copied

-Skip