How to combine kolab and posix groups

Alexander Gran alexg at moduleworks.com
Mon Apr 19 16:47:07 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have an little issue here combining kolabs and unix groups. I'm managing my
user accounts and groups with ldap account manager, and importing the existing
ones from a suse ox 5. Groups are created as posixGroup in ou=group,baseDN.
nss access works fine, they appear as system groups.
However I cannot use them in kolab, to .e.g. assign forlder rights to them.
looking at the sources of admin/sharedfolder/sf.php I see that a group must be
of objectclass kolabGroupOfNames.
As far as I understood ldap, you cannot combine that with the posixGroup
schema. Both are structural.

Any idea how to solve the mess?

regards
Alex

--

Dipl. Inform. Alexander Gran, MBA
alexg at moduleworks.com
http://www.moduleworks.com
SkypeID: mw_alexg
M: +49(0)163/5598933

ModuleWorks GmbH
Ritterstraße 12a
52072 Aachen
HRB 11871
Amtsgericht Aachen
Geschäftsführer Yavuz Murtezaoglu

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original.
Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.