Postfix queue?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at pardus.de
Fri Apr 16 20:45:57 CEST 2010

Quoting Michael Harnden <mike at rochestervball.com>:

> My server installation stopped delivering emails overnight due to a
> corrupt clamav database. I am in the process of updating clam to
the
> latest version so I have temporarily disabled in in Kolab. My
> question is there a way to retrieve the mail that the delivery
> failed on overnight?

This depends on how clamav failed. Did it send out bounces to the
sender? Or did it report a temporary error? The mails will only be
kept in the Postfix queue if it was a temporary error. If clamav
signaled a permanent error then the sender gets a message about the
unsuccessful delivery attempt and the mail is no longer in your system.

Cheers,

Gunnar

>   Kolab 2.2.0 amavisd:
> 2.5.3-20080101 apache:
> 2.2.8-20080118 clamav:
> 0.93.3-20080708 imapd:
> 2.3.11-20080101_kolab4 kolab-filter:
> 2.2.0-20080709 kolab-freebusy:
> 2.2.0-20080709 kolab-webadmin:
> 2.2.0-20080709 kolabconf:
> 2.2.0-20080709 kolabd:
> 2.2.0-20080709 openldap:
> 2.3.41-20080424 perl-kolab:
> 2.2.0-20080709 php-kolab:
> 2.2.0-20080711 postfix:
> 2.4.6-20080101_kolab spamassassin:
> 3.2.4-20080107   Thanks, Mike

Tel.   : +49 700 6245 0000                         Bundesstrasse 29
Fax    : +49 721 1513 52322                        D-20146 Hamburg