kolabconf error

Jeffrey Walls jwalls at browntransmission.com
Thu Apr 8 20:38:05 CEST 2010

--

Jeffrey Walls
IT Manager
Brown Transmission and Bearing Co.
PO Box 11117
Lancaster PA 17605-1117
717 295-9200 ext 214
717 295-9025 fax

http://www.browntransmission.com

P Please consider the impact to the environment before printing this email.

On Thursday 08 April 2010 02:25:53 pm Jeffrey Walls wrote:
> > Op donderdag 08 april 2010 19:27:16 schreef Jeffrey Walls:
> > > I've been trying for 4 months now to upgrade my version of Kolab, with
> > > numerous errors and failures.
> > >
> > > First. A quick view of the KOLAB version would be appreciated. I
> > > thought I was  on 2.2.1, when in fact after digging through the mail
> > > archives I found a way to find the version, and I was on 2.2.0.
> > >
> > > Now, the issue. I am trying to move my server to a new Debian 5.0
> > > server. After MUCH searching, I think I have a plan. However, after
> > > using the shell  program to back and restore kolab, I keep getting the
> > > following error in /var/log/messages, and kolabconf goes in a loop.
> > >
> > > The error:
> > >
> > > kolabconf(22939): T warning: No configuration variable corresponding to
> > > 'webserver_usr' exists
> > >
> > > My messages log grows to 2 GB in minutes with this message repeating.
> > >
> > > What is it, where does it come from, and how do I fix it?
> > >
> > > I have installed kolab 2.2.3 on the new machine (Debian 5.0) and have
> > > run kolab_bootstrap -b to initialize the kolab installation before the
> > > restore.
> >
> > kolab2:/etc/kolab # grep webserver_usr *
> > kolab.globals:webserver_usr: wwwrun
> >
> > Which is part of the sources:
> > kolab.globals.in:webserver_usr: @webserver_usr@
> >
> > So you should have it, as it was delivered by an rpm or deb pkg.

More updated info:

 I added webserver_usr to kolab.globals, and the error changes to
 webserver_grp. I added webserver_grp to kolab.globals, and the error
  becomes kronolith_confdir.

 Sounds like the Horde issues, I would guess. I have reinstalled these debs
 multiple times over the course of my attempted installs, was there and
  issue with the webservices I didn't know about?

Jeffkola