kolab 2.2.3 installation stops at kolab-webclient

Otmar Stahl o.stahl at lsw.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Apr 8 09:59:02 CEST 2010

Hello,

On 04/08/2010 09:45 AM, Tobias Volkenandt wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Oh ok, from the installation guide I expected a kind of list with
> installed packages or at least something like "Installation successfully
> completed". But allright. :-)
>
> I then tried to move on and started bootstrapping. It went fine but at
> the end it could not prepare the ldap database and start sladp. Access
> to /kolab/var/openldap/openldap-data/ failed. Do I have to set special
> rights for this directory? It exists and is writeable for root.

It seems that something went wrong here. The directory should be owned
by user and group kolab.

Here is my /kolab/var/openldap/

# ls -l /kolab/var/openldap/
total 88
drwxr-xr-x 2 kolab kolab  4096 Apr  7 15:19 openldap-data
drwxr-xr-x 3 kolab kolab  4096 Dec 18 13:50 openldap-slurp
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root  68648 Apr  7 15:19 openldap.log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root      0 Apr  7 15:19 replog
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root      0 Apr  7 15:19 replog.lock
drwxr-xr-x 2 kolab kolab  4096 Mar 12 08:53 run
-rw-r--r-- 1 root  root     67 Mar 12 08:53 slapd.args

Please post the output of:

/kolab/sbin/kolab_bootstrap -b

Otherwise it is difficult to tell what happened.

> Anyway I tried starting the kolab server, but of course I got an error
> when openldap was to be started. But furthermore I got an error from
> apache:
> Syntax error on line 66 of /kolab/etc/apache/apache.conf:
> SSLCertificateFile: file '/kolab/etc/apache/ssl.crt/snakeoil-rsa.crt'
> does not exist or is empty
> Is this a consequence of the ldap-error or do I have to do anything more
> here?

You cannot continue, if the bootstrap fails.

Kind regards,
Otmar Stahl