Best practice questions: shared folders etc.

Christian Rößler Roessler at FuH-E.de
Wed Sep 23 10:28:58 CEST 2009

Christian Rößler schrieb:

Well, for answering my own mail - and having some more questions:

> First, groupware folders have to be disconnected imap. But even then I
> cannot get these folder to be detected as groupware folders. Could it be
> that there is eg. some flag missing on the kolab side?

This has been solved with some KMail options juggling: It's helpful to
delete and re-set the marker at Workgroups - IMAP functions.

> Second, shared Folders: It seems shared folders are modeled after this
> pattern: shared^this_name, shared^that_name. Of course it is possible to
> have some resemblance to a hierarchy like
> shared^customers^this_customer. But it is possible to have a real
> hierarchy, I mean like
> shared^costomers/this_customer
> shared^costomers/that_customer
> shared^costomers/third_customer, so one may unfold them per (+)-sign or
> re-fold per (-) eg. in Kontact?

How are others handling that?

Another question: Disconnected IMAP will store mails locally and
synchronize. This will use up storage locally, of course; which IMAP
will not. Does someone use disconnected IMAP only for groupware folders,
and IMAP for the rest - if so, how? Two 'accounts' in kontact, perhaps;
disc. IMAP with groupware folders hidden?

Best regards, Christian