Difficulties to get kontact/calendar to recognize an imap mail folder as calendar

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed Sep 16 11:11:32 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, 15. September 2009 10:26:23 schrieb Christian Rößler:
> Well, I have another problem I would like a hint for. When trying local
> subscription the shared folders are not mentioned in the given list of
> folders possible to subscribe to, but they are mentioned in the folder
> list showing up using 'normal' subscription.

Note that you need to server subscribe a folder before you can locally
subscribe it. (Yes there is some confusion of the used terminology.)

> Is it possible, then, to subscribe locally to a folder using a normal,
> not disconnected email access?

Disconnected IMAP mode is a "normal" IMAP mode ...  ;)
You can do everything about it. There is no need for an online imap account.

> Do I need to enter two 'Accesses' (Zugang
> in german kmail); one with full imap and the second with 'disonnected
> imap'; both going to the same Kolab using the same user credentials?

Some people prefer to have two "accesses" and only use the caching of the
disconnected mode for some folders.

> Or is it not normal, that shared folders are not shown?

No, folder that the account has access to, should all be shown.
Bernhard