shared calendar as long time reminding system?

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Thu Sep 10 10:12:18 CEST 2009

Hi List,

we are searching for a solution to set-up a reminding system for tasks in the remote future.
This can not be a per user setting as it is not sure that the user still works in the company when the task arise. So, every Kolab user
should be able to create such a reminder and the system should send a reminder email to a distribution list. This distribution list contains
all users that take care of these tasks in the future.
So, I set-up a shared calendar and used Horde to insert the reminder. This seems to work for stuff like creating and deleting but the email-
reminder seems to be a per user setting. But I need this as a feature of the shared calendar. Maybe someone has an idea how to solve this
issue or knows a better way how to handle the whole problem? Maybe its better to use the shared calendar of a virtual user?

Bye

   Thorsten

--
using Kolab 2.2.2