Mailsplitting with Exchange

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Wed Oct 14 12:17:04 CEST 2009

* Sascha Schneider <schneider at zawm.be> [20091014 11:05]:
> we use kolab now for 2 month with 15 people in our school. 2 People are
> no satisfied cause their (2.9GB) pst in outlook keeps crashing with
> every connector.

There are many users who do not have this problem, maybe some
incompatibility with e.g. a virus scanner or an outlook plugin.

> Is it possible to setup both of them, so that they mainly connect to
> their beloved exchange Server but get internal email via Kolab??
>
> Setup is: Kolab inhouse (server.school.internal) with maildomain
> (ourisp.maildomain). Email is fetched by getmail and pushed to the users
> mailfolders.
> How can I make kolab to forward all unknown users with the same
> maildomain to our ISP without using smarthost-services??
> like a at mydomain.tld with user account on kolab sends mail to
> b at mydomain.tld wich has no account in kolab an kolab sends this email to
> the internet.
> At this point when I only delete the user I get an error message
> "unknown user".

You can add these users with the other mail server as
kolabHomeServer, so the Kolab server will pass the message to that
server.

Regards,
Thomas Arendsen Hein

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998