fetchmail issue 3353

Scott Newton scottn at ihug.co.nz
Tue Oct 13 20:37:19 CEST 2009

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 03:22:22 Thomas Arendsen Hein wrote:
> The user who reported a problem in 2.2.1-beta1 wrote that it works
> for him in 2.2.1-rc1, so I closed the issue in August.
>
> If you still have problems:
> 1. which version do you use?
> 2. which problems do you have?

It's OK. I found the problem. I had added the user kolab to
/kolab/etc/fetchmail/fetchmail.user
rather than
/kolab/etc/fetchmail/fetchmail.users

Without that I was getting:
epsilon:/kolab# /kolab/bin/openpkg rc fetchmail start
OpenPKG: start: fetchmail:FAILED
openpkg:rc:WARNING: /kolab:fetchmail:%start: failed with return code 5
openpkg:rc:NOTICE: output from stdout/stderr is following:
| fetchmail: WARNING: Running as root is discouraged.
| fetchmail: no mailservers have been specified.

Thanks
--
Regards
Scott Newton