smtpd segfaults on Ubuntu 8.04 (64 bit)

Thomas Arendsen Hein thomas at intevation.de
Tue Nov 10 16:00:31 CET 2009

* Christoph Brüser <brueser at hia.rwth-aachen.de> [20091110 09:38]:
> I have been setting up a Kolab 2.2.2 server on an Ubuntu 8.04 (64 bit)
> server. The machine is a quad-core Xeon running at 2.33 GHz. I built and
> bootstrapped Kolab from source which worked flawlessly.
>
> However, I am now experiencing a strange bug in Postfix's smtpd demon.
> Whenever a client tries to send an e-mail through the Postfix server the
> smtpd process that handles the connection segfaults. The postfix.log
> snippet pasted below shows that the demon crashes after/while trying to
> connect to the local LDAP server to check the recipient maps.

Maybe you see the problems discussed (and solved!) in
kolab/issue2982 (OpenLDAP segmentation fault on 64bit)

Please check if the updated packages linked in this issue fix your
problem.

Regards,
Thomas Arendsen Hein

--
thomas at intevation.de - http://intevation.de/~thomas/ - OpenPGP key: 0x5816791A
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 Osnabrueck - AG Osnabrueck, HR B 18998