Mail archiving: Has anyone gotten OMA (open mail archive) to work with kolab?

Christian Rößler Roessler at FuH-E.de
Tue May 26 11:17:05 CEST 2009

Hallo,

I have, some time ago, decided to give the per specification and
relative light-weight good-looking OMA (open mail archive,
<http://www.octant.org/en/content/open-mail-archiver-oma>) a try.

But I ran in one last difficulty I seemingly cannot overcome: After
successful MySQL-Integration in kolab-php (and apache-php) and
installing OMA I cannot get the OMA daemon omad.php to start.

If I start it it will log:
| PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant AF_UNIX - assumed 'AF_UNIX' in
| /kolab/local/oma/lib/Socket.class.php on line 51

So I assumed AF_UNIX would be a file socket, which perhaps is not
compiled into the kolab-php. But phpinfo says:

| Registered PHP Streams => php, file, data, http, ftp, compress.zlib,
| https, ftps
| Registered Stream Socket Transports => tcp, udp, unix, udg, ssl,
| sslv3, sslv2, tls
Does that not say file sockets are implemented?

I have made many tries to 'rpm --rebuild ...' php with options like
"--define with_sockets' etc. pp. These brought me to nowhere; there is
also nothing about socket(s) in the rpm.spec. Does php5 this by default?

So: Has anyone here implemented OMA together with kolab? If so, how?

I would also appreciate, generally speaking, tips about these AF_UNIX
file sockets in general under a kolab system.

Best regards,
Christian