Compiling Kolab 2.2.1 and php problem

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Wed May 20 10:05:46 CEST 2009

Am Dienstag, 19. Mai 2009 22:58:47 schrieb Liutauras Adomaitis:
> > http://www.kolab.org/pipermail/kolab-users/2009-April/009678.html
>
> I read all those posts several times.
> It seems to me, that Bernards patch is against tar problem in openpkg
> compilation. Other people reported that downgrading to gcc-4.2 solves
> problems.

Yes, this is true and my fix was incorporated for the server 2.2.1 and 2.2.2
releases, so the problem with gcc-4.2 and tar is gone. The whole server
compiled for us and others with new gcc versions after the change.

> In my situation I get different problems, in addition to problem
> reported in this post, please read my post "Kolab installation problem
> with perl".
> I don't understand openpkg very well, but in my situation openpkg
> compiles ok

Reading your post I must admit, I've lost the overview a bit.
Best probably is to create an issue with all (relevant) information for each
seperate problem you have with Kolab Server 2.2.2.

Best,
Bernhard