Update to 2.2.2: kolabd - failed dependencies

Christian Rößler Roessler at FuH-E.de
Mon May 18 12:43:36 CEST 2009

Alain Spineux schrieb:

>> when updating to 2.2.2 I get the following result:
>> /tmp/install-kolab.5629.27893.232.29026/kolabd-2.2.2-20090514.src.rpm ::::
>> error: Failed dependencies:
>>        php::with_imap = yes is needed by kolabd-2.2.2-20090514
>>        [some more dependencies]
>> ...so I am just fishing for a quick hint. Well, anyone has a hint?
> When you build an rpm package, you can set some options  like this
> /kolab/bin/openpkg rpm --rebuild youpackage --define "with_ssl yes"
> The pakages where build without the options required by other pakages !

well, yes; but then I enter the option hell again (as i had massive
problems when compiling mysql into php and apache-php - while my options
were recognized, many other options 'fell beneath the table', and I
ended having to insert _every_ option the way you mentioned - not
knowing until now how to insert the options for imap and imap-ssl.

And, this being an update (from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2): Is this really
necessary? Would it not be a better way to mend the install script
and/or 00INDEX.rdf? In other words: Could it not be that this is *ahem*
an updating bug - am I the only one having this problem while updating?

Best regards, Christian

PS. Of course I will 'externally re-option' it if there is no other way.