kolab + mailman

Bernat Brunet bernat at nan-tic.com
Fri May 8 08:04:17 CEST 2009

El Dijous, 7 de maig de 2009 22:02:08 Gunnar Wrobel va escriure:
> Quoting Bernat Brunet <bernat at nan-tic.com>:
> > Hi!
> >
> > first of all sorry for my english.
> >
> > I'm novice in the kolab. I have installed and running correctly. now I
> > have installed the mailman and I would like to use it with the kolab, so
> > I followed
> > the instructions that are in the wiki
> > (http://wiki.kolab.org/index.php/Kolab2_Integration_with_mailman)
> > all seems go
> > correctly, but when I try to enter in the mailman admin page it's
> > return me an
> > error:
> >

> > Mailman CGI error!!!
> > The Mailman CGI wrapper encountered a fatal error. This entry is being
> > stored in your syslog:
> >
> > Group mismatch error.  Mailman expected the CGI
> > wrapper script to be executed as group "www-data", but
> > the system's web server executed the CGI script as
> > group "kolab-n".  Try tweaking the web server to run the
> > script as group "www-data", or re-run configure,
> > providing the command line option `--with-cgi-gid=kolab-n'.
> >

> > but in this case I don't know exactly why it appears, because I have made
> > the compilation with the "cgi-gid" changed, and replaced the mailman bin,
> > like the
> > wiki explain.
>
> It definitely looks like the option --with-cgi-gid=kolab-n did not
> take any effect.

yes, it seems like that. but I have used the:

./configure --with-username=list --with-groupname=list --with-mail-gid=kolab-n --
without-permcheck --prefix=/var/lib/mailman --with-cgi-gid=kolab-n

in the output appear that:

[...]
checking permissions on /var/lib/mailman... skipped
checking for mail wrapper group; i.e. --with-mail-gid... kolab-n
checking for CGI wrapper group; i.e. --with-cgi-gid... kolab-n
checking for CGI extensions... no
[...]

I don't know if that "no" in the CGI extensions is good or correct.  :)

> Does the configure script give you anything related
> to this specific option?

which configure script are you talking about?

thanks,

bernat