Upgrade on Suse 10.3 success

Carsten Burghardt carsten at cburghardt.com
Thu May 7 23:28:49 CEST 2009

Richard Bos schrieb:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> Op donderdag 07 mei 2009 10:48:34 schreef Carsten Burghardt:
>
>> after a lot of tests on a virtual system I finally upgraded my
>> productive Kolab server to 2.2.1 with the Suse package
>>

> that's nice to read! :)
>

>> That's it. So far I tested email, calendar, tasks, contacts and syncml
>> support, all work. I have not tested freebusy and shared calendars yet.
>>
>> I am currently not able to save the Horde config as administrator
>> because this replaces the __FILE__ macros with an actual path but that
>> does not seem to work as Horde can not find the database anymore.
>>

> Hopefully, you get this tested soon.  In case something is to be patched,
> please let us know!

The reason for the error is rather simple. You have something like this
in the Horde config:
$conf['tmpdir'] = dirname(__FILE__) . '/../tmp/';

If that is opened during runtime the dirname is replaced with the config
directory so it works. But if you open the Horde configuration page and
have a look at the setting the dirname is replaced with
/srv/www/htdocs/client/lib/Horde/. I assume this is because the
config.php is included. So the replaced path that shows up is
/srv/www/htdocs/client/lib/Horde/../tmp/ and that is wrong. When you
save the configuration the wrong path is include. Why don't you use the
kolab functionality to insert the path to Horde here?

Carsten