kolab on openSUSE natively is a little bit back

Richard Bos ml at radoeka.nl
Tue Mar 31 20:28:30 CEST 2009

Op dinsdag 31 maart 2009 11:54:33 schreef Alar Sing:
> Today I tested kolab on opensuse natively
>
> Added repositoris
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/Kolab/openSUSE_11.0

That was an error in the wiki page :( sorry for that.  I have corrected the
wiki page.  That url should of course point to the 11.1 repository....

> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/php:/applications/openSUS
>E_11.1
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/Kolab:/UNSTABLE/openSUSE_
>11.1
>

> Installed kolab and firstly there is no
>
> /usr/share/kolab/scripts/kolab_opensuse_bootstrap

Which kolab rpm version do you have installed (rpm -q kolab)?
I have: # rpm -q kolab
kolab-2.2.0.99_cvs20090304-2.1

Which delivers:
# rpm -ql kolab | grep bootstrap
/usr/share/kolab/scripts/kolab_opensuse_bootstrap

> Second error was with /etc/init.d/kolab script
>
> ERROR /etc/init.d/slurpd NOT found - abort

That is expected, as slurpd is no longer part op openldap (with release 2.4
and up).  This is probably because of the wrong kolab package that is
installed.

> And kolab_bootstarp -b did not work
>
> got error:
> Enter fully qualified hostname of slave kolab server e.g.
> thishost.domain.tld [empty when done]: prepare LDAP database...
> temporarily starting slapd
> chown: cannot access `/var/lib/ldap/*': No such file or directory

That is an expected error, that can be neglected.

> Could not start temporary slapd:  at
> /usr/share/kolab/scripts/kolab_bootstrap line 469.

It makes no sense to continue debugging after this point.  You first need to
have the correct packages installed.

Thanks for reporting the errors.  Hopefully you can re-install kolab and have
a better result this time....?

--
Richard