Kolab2 Integration with another running apache server

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Tue Mar 17 03:10:04 CET 2009

Christian Tardif wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I followed the instructions in order to make kolab (2.2.1b) running
> with another apache server. I'm almost done, but there's a little
> something missing in my config.
>
> When I try to access my kolab site, I get this:

> Content Encoding Error
>
> The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an
> invalid or unsupported form of compression.
>
> Anyone got this before?   I don't have deflate module loaded in my
> apache configuration.

I finally found out. What I needed to do is changing, in
/kolab/var/kolab/www/client/config/conf.php:

$conf['compress_pages'] = true;

$conf['compress_pages'] = false;

It now works perfectly. Now, I suppose that if I want to use
compression, I will need to add support in the main apache server, as
descriped in the wiki.

--

Christian...