New Kubuntu Server - Fresh Install

Mon Jun 22 22:57:58 CEST 2009

So I finally got my new server in about a week ago and I am just now getting
around to setting it up. I was wanting to install Kolab on it and use that as
my email server instead of my current Exim4 setup that I have.

I have installed Jaunty on the server and found a guide to installing Kolab
and it seems that it is installing just fine, however I am having issues
configuring it.

My current system is using Exim4/Dovecot and Horde with Spamassassin. I have
mulitple domains (5) hosted on the email server. Currently users are setup
inside a MySQL database and then authenticated against it. I currently don't
have a very good/reliable method of syncing my laptops and home desktops for
things like contacts, tasks and appointments, which is why I wanted to setup
the Kolab server. This is a family server only and will only have 6 users.

Does anyone know of a good how to for configuring the server? I do have LDAP
System Administration by Carter but I have not yet read it, which I am
guessing might help me some with the LDAP side of things??

Thanks,
-Eric