Howto cache outgoing mails?

Del delonly at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 23:42:41 CEST 2009

Alain Spineux wrote:
>> I am looking for a way to cache outgoing mails on the Kolab server. The
>> issue is the following: When I send large mails (e.g., through the Horde
>> web-interface), the message window stays open (with no progress bar)
>> until the entire message has left the Kolab-server.
>>

> This is your browser that is uploading your email on the server.

Thanks again for your help Alain, and sorry for the double posting. I
checked again, this time with Thunderbird and IMAP, using a 10MB
attachement. Communication with the Kolab server was 100Mb LAN, but is
still took the about ten seconds for Thunderbird to transfer the mail to
the server, coinciding with time needed for the less juicy 10Mb WAN. So
I do believe the Kolab server does no caching of attachements, otherwise
the progress bar in Thunderbird should finish in about a second.

Again very grateful for any directions on the issue.

Cheers,
Del